This Blog Article will focus on why different types of exercise are necessary for better fitness and how it is beneficial.
Why Different Type of Exercises
As is commonly seen and said that any person who works monotonously or who leads a monotonous life starts feeling bored and the productivity of that person falls. Monotonous life also gives stress and brings in frustration.
The same principle applies to exercise also. Most people focus on one type of exercise or activity or workout routine and think they will achieve their fitness goals. Doing, same exercises every day will make people bore and they will sooner or later stop exercising.
Studies have shown that in order to achieve fitness a person needs to perform four types of different exercise i.e. endurance, strength, flexibility, and balance
Each exercise has to be incorporated in a workout routine as each one has different benefits. Each exercise compliments each other and doing this exercise will help you improve the other type and it will also break the monotony and reduce the risk of injuries in long run.
In this article, we will discuss 4 different types of exercise, which can be incorporated in your workout routine according to your fitness goals with the help of a trainer or an expert and how these exercises will benefit you.
1. Cardio Vascular (Endurance) Exercises
Cardio exercises are the most liked exercise among people. Walking, running, cycling, cross-country skiing, dancing, swimming, etc are considered to be cardio exercises or activities. Cardio exercises are nothing but such exercises that increase your heart rate to a level above your resting heart rate.
Target doing cardio activities at least 150 minutes per week.
Benefits of Cardio Vascular Exercises
These exercises are generally done to improve the functioning of the heart, lungs, and circulatory system. it also reduces the risk of many diseases such as diabetes, colon cancer, breast cancer, heart diseases, and many others.
- Start your session with light cardio, which warms up your body and then increase the intensity
- don’t forget to cool down after your cardio session
- it is important that you don overdo it, listen o your body, if you feel dizzy, or experience pain in your chest or heartburn stop immediately and consult your doctor
- heart patient should avoid high-intensity cardio exercises
- keep yourself hydrated before during and after a good cardio session.
Important: How to judge, at what intensity you are performing the activity. While Exercising if you can talk but with little difficulty then you are at moderate intensity, however, if you cannot talk normally and need breath before you say a few words then you are performing the exercise with high-intensity.
Also Read: 30 Minutes HIIT Home Workout
2. Weight (Strength) Training Exercises
Weight training or strength training has many goals like strengthening and toning your body. Weight training is a good exercise for both men and women. Strength or weight lifting exercises include lifting weights, which includes body weight as well as weights in the gym or resistance band workout.
Start with the lighter weights, or you can use household material, to begin with, gradually with the increase in your strength and confidence you may choose to join a gym and start lifting heavy weights with the proper guidance of a fitness trainer.
Young people can perform weight training 5 to 6 days a week, however people over the age of 40 should not do weight training more than 4 days a week.
Muscle Capacity: Works to remove tension from muscles for a long time and increase the capacity of your muscles.
Benefits of Weight Training Exercises
- First, the strong muscle will give you confidence and make your everyday life easier
- weight training gives you strength, tones your body, and makes your bones stronger
- It helps you in your fat loss journey if combined with cardio exercises
- It particularly improves the performance of the athletes and sportspersons
- Strong Muscles protects you from the injuries related to falls and improves your balance considerably.
- Your muscle strength “strength training” or “resistance training.”
- It is important to warm up and cold down properly before and after weight training exercises respectively.
- Breath normally or as advised by your personal trainer during the exercises
- Stretching exercises should be performed before and after weight training
- It is important to start with light weights, proper form and technique is key to weight lifting, in order to avoid injuries.
- In case you are suffering from some ailment, consult your doctor before starting an exercise regime.
3. Stretching (Flexibility)
Stretching exercises will improve your flexibility. Stretching exercises can be static or dynamic. As mentioned earlier stretching exercises should be performed before and after your workout.
Benefits of Stretching Exercises
- It improves the quality of your life and performance in your sport.
- Regular Stretching helps open up your muscles completely and relax them.
- Helps your joints to move freely and through the full range of motion
- It decreases the risk of injuries.
- It is important to understand that you should stretch only when your muscles are warmed up.
- Stretch after each workout routine, doest matter whether it is endurance or strength exercise or both
- Be careful and don’t hurt yourself by overdoing it.
- Breath normally along with the stretch.
Also Read – Dynamic Vs Static Stretching. Which is Better?
4. Balance Exercises
Life can be beautiful if you find balance in your life physically as well as mentally. it is surely the best way forward. developing a good balance in your body is very crucial for all.
Initially, balance exercises can be a bit difficult, but slowly and gradually it will make your life very easy. Balancing exercises targets your core muscles, lower back muscles, and lower body. It particularly works wonders for senior citizens.
Lower body strength exercises, one leg stand, heal toe walking, flamingo stand, Yoga, Tai Chi, a “moving meditation” that involves shifting the body slowly, gently, and precisely while breathing deeply are some balancing exercises.
Benefits of Balance Exercises.
- Balance exercise keeps your body active and improves balance and coordination which improves your day to day life.
- It will allow you to move freely and steadily without any fear.
- Senior Citizens and patients of Parkinson’s disease, arthritis, or multiple sclerosis will greatly benefit from balancing exercises.
- Balancing exercises improves strength and endurance which particularly benefits patients of Parkinson’s disease.
- It is important to take the help/support of a person while balancing yourself.
- Balancing exercise should be done under proper supervision for a personal trainer.
- The equipment, material, instruments used during balancing exercises such as chair should be sturdy.
Also Read: 8 Things You Should Know About Testosterone
Playing a Sport
To achieve fitness and keep yourself joyful and healthy, not only do you need to work hard by going to the gym, but you also have to include many activities in your routine that can benefit your health and give you pleasure.
For this, you can also choose your favorite sport. Sports are very important in keeping you fit, reducing weight, and keeping your heart healthy.
4 types of exercises mentioned above will make you stronger and prepare your body to play a sport of your choice, it may not be at the professional level but you can play with your kids or friends on the weekends.
Also Read: All About Functional Training
Age does not matter, you can always find exercises or activity that is suitable for you and will help you achieve your fitness goals and needs.