3 BEST MUSCLE BUILDING EXERCISES – 2020 – With a Bonus Tip
These 3 best muscle building exercises Squats, Deadlifts, and Bench Presses, from ages, are suggested by Strength & Conditioning Coaches, Personal & Fitness Trainers, and rehabilitation therapists to build mass and strength of the entire body. THESE ARE THE BEST 3
These 3 best muscle building exercises, has proved many times that the performance of athletes in their respective games has improved many folds. Bodybuilders without fail focus on these three very best mass building exercise to improve overall muscle mass.
These three are the compound movements that truly measure your strength. Happy Reading.
Squats (Classic Version)
In 3 best muscle building exercises, the squat is a well‒known exercise to strengthen and built the lower body muscles.
- Best bodybuilding exercise.
- It isolates many muscles in the body it is a perfect strength and cardiovascular exercise.
- It develops Respiratory capacity, because of the expansion of the thoracic region.
- Best Exercise to develop the shape of the gluts.
The main focus of this exercise is quadriceps (Vastus Lateralis, Rectus femoris, Vastus intermedius and vastus medialis) muscle. It additionally isolates the gluteus medius, gluteus maximus, adductor group, erector spinae, abdominals, and hamstring muscles.
- Slide under the bar placed on the stand and position the bar on trapezius muscle (or between delts and
- Hold the bar firmly with thumbs locked with the fingers.
- Keep your elbows back and chest out, look straight.
- While inhaling, arch your back a little, contract the abdomens, look straight and remove the bar from the stand [keep the breath inside so that your torso does not fall forward]
- Bar on the trapezius, step backward while balancing properly and place your feet shoulder-width apart pointing your toes slightly outwards.
- Without rounding the back, chest out, looking forward, start squatting till your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- While exhaling, straighten the legs and lift the torso and come to the starting position.
- People with long legs should keep something under the heels like a plate or a block to avoid excessive tilting of the torso, this variations isolates the quads more.
- Placing the bar between posterior deltoids and trapezius brings them back into play, you can lift much heavy, powerlifting sorts.
- Squats can be performed on a machine, which will bring all the focus to quadriceps and keep your torso straight.
You can also execute full squat, i.e. going beyond parallel which activates your gluts much more. People having short legs and flexible ankles should perform this variation, but it should be performed carefully to avoid back injury.
- Beginners can perform squats on the smith machine, or with dumbbells or kettlebell or with therabands or resistance bands.
- Never tilt the back or around the back while squatting. Rounding the back will result in serious back injury especially herniated disc.
- Always keep a spotter or your personal trainer with you while doing heavy squats.
- Always wear a weightlifting belt while executing a squat.
Different Types of Squats.
Front Squats, Dumbbells Squats, Smith Machine Squats, Sumo Squats, Overhand Squats, Landmine Squats, Goblet Squats, Bulgarian Squats.
Bench Press (Flat Bench Version)
In 3 best muscle building exercises, the Bench Press is such an exercise that everyone likes to discuss. Whenever we talk about lifting heavy weights we definitely talk about Bench Press.
- Bench press increases the strength of your upper body.
- Bench presses also increase muscular endurance especially of pictorial, front deltoids and triceps muscles.
- It strengthens your upper body and helps you in doing other difficult exercises such as push-ups.
Pectoralis Major, Pectoralis Minor, Anterior Deltoids, Serratus anterior and coracobrachialis.
- Lie on a flat bench face up, head and gluts on placed on the bench and feet on the ground.
- Hold the bar with overhand grip locking thumb with the fingers.
- Hold the bar slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- While inhaling bring the bar near your pecks slowly.
- While exhaling return to the starting position fast.
- There are many versions in the flat bench press as mentioned here
- You can lie on the bench with an arched back as powerlifters do. This will make the distance between the bar and your packs shorter and you can lift heavyweights in this variation.
- Holding the bar closer will isolate the inner part of pectorals.
- Holding the bar wide will isolate the outer part of pectorals.
- Bringing the bar down to the lower part of pectorals will isolate the lower part of pectorals, At the midline of pectorals will isolate the mid fibers, And at the sternal notch or upper line of pectoral will isolate the upper part of pectorals.
- You can perform the bench press with your legs raised; this can be done by those having lower back pain.
- You can bench press on Chest press machine, smith machine, with dumbbells and therabands.
- Always lock your thumbs with your finger while gripping the bar, so that the bar does to slip while doing the bench press.
- People having lower back pain should never execute arched back bench press, raised leg version will be beneficial for such people.
- Always keep the spotter or your personal trainer with you, while doing the heavy bench press.
Different Types of Bench Presses
Incline Bench Press, Decline Bench Press, Close Grip Bench Press, Machine Bench Press, Smith Machine Bench Press, Floor Barbell Press, Reverse Grip Bench Press.
Dead Lifts (Classic Version)
In 3 best muscle building exercises, the Deadlifts are called King of Exercises which simply means pick up the dead weight or dead load from the ground.
- An excellent exercise to increase the overall strength of the body.
- Best mass building exercise, especially back.
- Improves body posture and helps in weight loss.
External Oblique, Rectus Abdominals, Flexer Digitorum, Splenius Capitis, Levator Scapulae, Trapezius, Gluteus Maximus, Rectus Femoris, Vastus Lateralis, Vastus Medialis, Biceps Femoris short and long head, Teres Major, Rhomboid Major, Latissimus dorsi, Semi Tendinosus, Semi Membranosus, Serratus Posterior Inferior, Spinalis Thoracic
- Stand straight, feet’s near the barbell, toes pointing outwards and feet’s placed shoulder-width apart.
- Grip the bar with an overhand grip slightly apart from the shoulder line. You can also use a mix grip i.e over – underhand grip.
- Inhale and tighten your core and lift the bar from the ground with your back straight and keep it as near to your shins as possible, while lifting the bar straightening your legs. Hold your breath during this entire lift.
- When the bar reaches near your knees, erect the upper body while straightening your legs and stand straight holding the bar tightly without loosening your grip and exhale.
- Holding the bar in an erect position for 2 seconds return to your starting position slowly without rounding the back.
- Remember to keep your back straight throughout the movement.
- You can use a mixed grip i.e. overhand and underhand grip while lifting heavy.
- While taking a stance you can place the feet at different width for the variations.
- You can do this exercise using dumbbells, kettle-bell, theraband, and resistance bands.
- You can also perform this exercise on the smith machine.
- Never round the back while performing this exercise.
- Always wear a weightlifting belt.
- Always keep a spotter or your personal trainer while lifting heavy.
Different Types of Deadlifts
Stiff-Legged Deadlift, Sumo Deadlift, Trap Bar Deadlift, Dumbbells Deadlifts, Snatch Grip Deadlifts, Romanian Deadlifts, One Leg Deadlifts.
No matter what exercise you are doing, it is very important to create a block when you are lifting heavy. Creating a block means avoiding vertebral flexion; which simply means not to round the back while lifting heavy.
This can be done by filling the lungs with air while lifting, contracting the abdominal muscle and lower back muscles.
Almost all day to day activities rotates around these three exercises in which three basic body movements of sitting, lifting, and pushing is involved. These 3 BEST MUSCLE BUILDING EXERCISES develops your overall strength, endurance, helps in fat loss and improves body posture. Needless to mention when you lift heavy doing these three movements it will result in muscle hypertrophy. Hence this is also called THE BEST 3.