Sugar is White Poison! Friends, If you could avoid sugar for a month, you will experience many changes in your body, In this article “How Sugar Can Destroy your Good Health” we would discuss the advantages and disadvantages of stopping sugar intake.
Also Read: Useful Guidelines for Plyometric Training
Sugar, Food Difficult to avoid.
People not only like the sweet taste of plain sugar but they love eating foods containing high sugar content such as sweet, tea-coffee, sugary drinks, and candies again and again. As if they are addicted to it. But, so much love with sugar can prove to be harmful to health.
As we all know, and is proved time and again, excessive intake of refined sugar increases the risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Hence, Health and Fitness across the world advise stopping consuming sugar. But, have you ever wondered what happens when you stop consuming sugar completely?
But before that, let’s understand the disadvantages of eating excessive sugar.
Health problems associated with the consumption of excessive Sugar.
- There is an increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Increase in body weight / Obesity
- The risk of brain fog increases.
- Increase in diseases related to the skin like acne
- Increase in the risk of cancer.
- Eating more sugar can cause a person to grow old quickly.
Also Read: Which Cooking Oil is the Healthiest
Changes in the body after giving up sugar completely.
As people who eat more sweet food have less desire to eat nutritious food. Immediately after quitting sugar, you may have irritability, mood swings, or a strong desire to eat sugary food.
Similarly, blood sugar level may decrease, sweating a lot or feeling irritated and irritable about small and negligible things.
However, as soon as you stop eating sugar, you will be able to eat more healthy food. As a result, you will get nutrients like healthy fats, protein, and fiber.
A few days after stopping the intake of sugar, your body will see extensive changes. People show different types of symptoms, depending on the amount of sugar they used to consume. Some people may temporarily experience mood swings, depression, headaches, and weakness.
At the same time, some people show positive changes such as an increase in agility and productivity.
People who consumed large quantities of sugar may feel more hungry and thirsty on reducing the sugar intake. Therefore, it is important to keep drinking water and keep things like dry fruits, fruits, and sunflower seeds for healthy snacking.
Also Read: 23 Most Popular Diet 2020
Results after 1 Month of Stopping the Sugar Consumption
Fact is, it is a bit difficult for sweet eaters to keep away from sugar for a month. But, if you succeed, then your health will have many benefits. You will no longer have the desire to eat things made of sugar. Along with this, you will also have some such healthy benefits such as-
- Eating healthy foods will fill your stomach quickly and control cravings.
- By eating less sugar, you will also take fewer calories. This will also help in weight control.
- Blood cholesterol (LDL) levels will decrease.
- Blood sugar level will be controlled.
- Avoiding excessive sugar will reduce the damage to the arteries and, thereby, reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Refined sugar is the main cause of tooth decay and cavity. Therefore, when you quit eating sugar, your teeth are also healthy.