Friends, you can take the help of yoga to reduce the risk of breast cancer. Here in this Blog Article “ 3 Best Yogasanas to Avoid Breast Cancer” we have given three best asanas, whose practice reduces the risk of breast cancer and gives other health benefits too if done regularly.
Celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2020
Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2020 is celebrated every year in October to generate awareness about breast cancer. Throughout this month, many activities, seminar, awareness drives, and research towards breast cancer and its treatment, risk, and diagnosis is carried out across the globe. This Blog article is dedicated to all ladies, hope they benefit from it.
What is Breast Cancer
Breast cancer begins with inflammation and blockages in breast tissues. It forms in the cells of the breasts. Breast Cancer, after skin cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the world, it may happen to males and females both, however it is very common in women.
Reasons for Breast Cancer
Here are some reasons for Breast Cancer.
Breast cells start growing abnormally, aging, if you have breast cancer in one breast, family history of breast cancer, inherited genes, exposure to radiation, obesity, delay in menopause, if you are not pregnant the risk of cancer increases at the later age and alcoholism, etc.
How to Reduce Risk of Breast Cancer
With the help of a disciplined and healthy lifestyle, the risk of breast cancer can be reduced. By incorporating following lifestyle changes and habits, you would be able to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Breast cancer screening, clinical breast exams, and mammograms (Ask your doctor)
- Awareness and to learn self-examination
- Avoid Alcohol and all other addictions, considered bad for health
- Regular Yoga and Exercise
- Maintaining Healthy Weight
- Healthy Diet
Can breast cancer be avoided with the help of Yogasana?
Yes, you can take the help of Yogasana to reduce the risk of breast cancer. There are some Asanas whose practice reduces the risk of breast cancer. Read here about three such Asanas that are considered helpful for protection from breast cancer. Also, understand the right way to practice these 3 Yogasanas
Mandukasana has many benefits apart from reducing the risk of breast cancer, it also relaxes your knee joints as it reduces the pain, It helps with diseases like diabetes, digestion disorders, etc.
- First of all, sit down in Vrajasana or Padmasana.
- Now take a deep breath. Make the fist of both the hands.
- Keep both your fists around the navel.
- Now Inhale Deeply
- Now lean forward while exhaling. Stop for a while in this posture.
- Now exhale slowly, lift the body and sit up straight.
The posture of the body is made like a camel. Therefore, it is called Ustrasana. Apart from reducing the risk of breast cancer it also helps to reduce the fat on thighs, it improves flexibility, mobility, and strength of hips, shoulders, and back, improves digestions, etc.
- Sit on your knees
- While sitting in this posture, keep in mind that the soles of your feet should be facing upwards.
- Stand on your knees, tow knees shoulder-width apart
- While Inhaling Bend backward slowly
- The palms held firmly to your feet.
- Thighs Should be vertical and head looking backward and exhale
- Keep in mind that amidst all this you are completely relaxed.
- Hold this pose for a while
- Slowly return to the initial posture.
Also Read: How To Do Suryanamaskar – Step By Step Guide
Apart from reducing the risk of breast cancer, this asana helps in digestion, it is good for abdominal organs, and increase the flexibility of the lower back
- To practice this Asana, first sit comfortably on the ground.
- Now stretch your legs forward keeping it straight.
- Place the feet adjacent to each other.
- Then, bend the right leg and bring it to the knee of the left leg. Keep the right hand on the ground, moving from behind your back.
- After this, move the left hand from the right foot with your left hand and touch the knee of the right foot.
- Keep breathing normally during this Asana.
- Repeat this Asana according to your convenience.
Also Read Every You Want to Know About Yoga Diet
Along with the healthy diet, it is advised to a brisk walk for 20 to 30 minutes and perform at least 2 to 3 rounds of Suryanamaskar every morning before performing these 3 Asanas. After practicing these Asanas, practice Shavasana for 10 minutes for maximum benefits.